Reasons to Try Deep Tissue Therapy Today
Deep tissue therapy is one of the most relevant therapies in chiropractic care today. From improving regular workouts to healing sports injuries, deep tissue therapy, or deep tissue massage, can provide massive benefits to a variety of patients.
Regular massages are great for the body, but deep tissue massage therapy provides significant pain relief and healing benefits that regular massages do not. Deep tissue therapy involves longer sessions, goes deeper into the muscles and connective tissues to break up scar tissue, and significantly reduces tension.
In addition to these benefits, there are many other advantages to deep tissue therapy that make it a versatile and extremely effective treatment for a number of issues.
Deep Tissue Therapy in West Loop & Greater Chicagoland
Deep tissue therapy is ideal for eliminating pain and is a highly recommended treatment option in chiropractic care and physical therapy. Continue reading to learn about a few of the significant benefits of deep tissue massage.
1. Relieves Stress – Massages help reduce the amount of stress hormones in the body, as well as boost beneficial neurotransmitters, such as dopamine and serotonin.
2. Better Workouts – Getting regular deep tissue massages will help increase your flexibility, aid your muscles in repairing themselves (building muscle), and even help your body burn calories. Deep tissue therapy also helps prevent injuries.
3. Reduces Pain – Deep tissue therapy reduces muscle pain, tightness, and treats chronic pain that affects the joints. It also instigates faster healing and reduces inflammation.
4. Sleep Better – Receiving deep tissue therapy can help you sleep better by reducing stress, pain, muscle tension, and boosting your serotonin levels.
5. Improve Physical Health – Deep tissue therapy can help reduce your blood pressure and improve lung function, in addition to all the other benefits listed.
6. Heal Injuries – Deep tissue therapy increases blood circulation and reduces inflammation, helping injuries heal more quickly.
7. Helps with Labor & Delivery – Prenatal deep tissue therapy is a great way to lessen tension in tight muscles that affect all expecting mothers. In addition, it can help reduce pain during delivery by keeping muscles relaxed prior to labor. Women who receive prenatal massage have reported experiencing less back and leg pain, shorter labor times, as well as less depression and anxiety.
Chiropractor Services Near Lincoln Park & the Chicago Loop
If you are interested in experiencing the many benefits of deep tissue therapy, visit Chicago Chiropractic & Sports Injury centers today. Our team is here to offer you an array of deep tissue massage options so you can truly experience what makes deep tissue therapy so revolutionary.
Contact us online or by phone to schedule your appointment today.