Why Vitamins are Important for Muscle & Joint Health
Whether you are interested in building muscle, caring for your joints, or you are healing parts of your body that have suffered from an injury, the right vitamins and proper nutrition are vital to the health of your joints and muscles.
Vitamins for Muscle Health & Joint Health
There are specific vitamins that aid in muscle development, muscle and joint repair, general flexibility, mobility, etc. Below you will find a list of vitamins and supplements that are essential for muscle and joint health.
- Vitamin D (supports protein synthesis)
- Vitamin B3 (supports muscle growth)
- Vitamin B6 (aids in performance, endurance, and red blood cell production)
- Vitamin C (helps repair damaged tissue)
- Vitamin A (supports protein synthesis and glycogen production)
- Vitamin B9 (Folate or Folic Acid)
- Boswellia (anti-inflammatory effects)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (aids in recovery, muscle growth, helps support the cardiovascular system, joint and brain health)
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate (usually taken together and often used to help treat osteoarthritis)
There are many beneficial vitamins and supplements that help your body repair itself and perform better, whether at the gym, during sports activities, or just in everyday life. Being sure to get as many as possible through a combination of a well rounded diet and dietary supplements will have a significant impact on your health and wellbeing.
Physical Therapy in Skokie & Chicago, IL
If you are interested in learning more about muscle and joint health from physical therapy experts and chiropractors you can trust, visit us at Chicago Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centers today. Our team has the experience and knowledge necessary to help you decide on the best nutrition plan for you and your needs.