Massage therapy is a healing method designed to restore health through hands-on soft tissue and musculature, lymphatic, visceral, and connective tissue rehabilitation techniques. It is a safe and effective way to relieve pain, stress, and tension, as well as improve overall health and well-being. If you would like to experience these amazing benefits for yourself, then schedule a consultation for massage therapy at the West Loop offices of Chicago Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centers.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Pain Relief – Muscle and joint pain can be alleviated with a proper deep-tissue massage appointment. Some of the most common areas of pain that we treat include back pain, neck pain, and even headaches.
- Stress Relief – Many patients find a massage appointment to be extremely relaxing, and report that their stress levels decrease after a session. This could lead to better sleep, less anxiety, and even battle depression if your body’s stress levels are especially high.
- Improved Circulation – Activating and massaging the muscles in your back, legs, and arms can improve circulation. This is especially helpful in the winter when you are battling cold temperatures and trying to keep your body warm.
- Range of Motion – Improved circulation and reduction of pain in your joints and muscles
- Athletic Performance – All of these benefits can be viewed as not only beneficial to general physical well-being but also a way to improve your athletic abilities and reduce the risk of injuries.
Types of Massages
- Swedish Massage – The most common massage option that can be found at spas and chiropractic offices around the world.
- Deep Tissue Massage – A deep tissue massage penetrates deep into the layers of muscle and connective tissue. This targets areas that are more difficult to reach or massage yourself.
- Trigger Point Massage Therapy – If you experience pain in one part of your body and it shoots or jumps to another area, that is known as a trigger point. These are usually found around areas of high tension, such as the neck or shoulders. Precise massages target these pain points and relieve the tension to let you live pain-free.
- Pre-Natal Massage – Pregnant women can benefit from a tension-reducing massage as they prepare to give birth. These massages aim to relax the legs, back, and neck, all places where expecting mothers tend to feel strain.
West Loop Massage Therapy You Can Trust
If you would like to experience the amazing relief that comes from a massage therapy session, then come to the offices of Chicago Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centers. Our team of specialists has helped thousands of clients with deep tissue massage at our West Loop location. To reduce pain, tension, and stress in your body in a non-invasive way, contact our team today in order to schedule an appointment.